[OM] Out and about

Subject: [OM] Out and about
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 00:07:25 +0000
Been out with my 300D today for a couple of hours around Conisbrough Castle.
Just used it in P mode - got some nice shots - I'm impressed but did notice
that at twilight it has a tendency to overexpose slightly (about 1/2 f-stop
- maybe a full fstop in one or two shots) but it was difficult lighting
conditions - and I think it over compensated a tad.

Next time I go out with it, I'll try the aperture priority and shutter
priority modes - and check that full manual mode works ok too. It takes
lovely pictures - but I noticed the lack of 'anti-shake' processing - I did
get some camera shake on a couple of shots - but overall the camera works
great and it's much better in low light conditions than any of my film
cameras and the 18-55mm EFS lens even shot the moon ok - I can even see some
of the 'seas' ok when I magnify that segment of the picture a lot.
I deliberately gave the camera a hard time - shooting deeply contrasting
objects through a bunch of trees in awkward lighting conditions to make P
mode work a lot. It generally works well - and is at least on a par with the
ESP (Electro-Selective Pattern) Metering mode on the OM40.
The autofocus coped admirably too! Having to cope with nearby castle wall,
trees not far ahead and the moon at 'infinity'.
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

The new Windows Live Toolbar helps you guard against viruses
http://toolbar.live.com/?mkt=en-gb