[OM] Re: olympus Digest V3 #316

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V3 #316
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 07:48:05 -0500
Stephen Scharf wrote:
> Richard,
> I guess whether it's redundant is dependent on the user's
> perspective. Lightroom was specifically designed to
> dramatically speed up the workflow for professional
> photographers who must manage, cull selects, edit, and output
> (as either slideshows, prints or web images)
> potentially thousands of images/day. That is it's
> mission statement, so to speak. Adobe Bridge
> cannot (and was not designed to) handle serious
> numbers of RAW images/day, and although
> I have not used Olympus Viewer, I doubt it can, either.

Stephen,

Thanks for your informative response.  Because of Ken's and your reply I
now have a better understanding of the purpose of Lightroom.  I don't
see it fitting into my needs as I don't handle huge volumes of images a
day.  If I had to handle that amount of volume I would probably need to
be hospitalized in a psychiatric ward after a short period of time due
to sensory overload. :)

Regards,
Richard L