[OM] Re: OT, radio manual, was Re: Ingrid Bergman - two new images

Subject: [OM] Re: OT, radio manual, was Re: Ingrid Bergman - two new images
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 06:15:24 -0500
Ha, ha!  My solution (the hard way) is what my wife and I jokingly refer
to as "throwing up the rope".

Many years ago we were assisting my brother-in-law with moving from  a
first floor apartment to another on the second floor.  We eventually ran
into a problem moving something that was not terribly heavy but was too
long and bulky to make the 90 degree turn in the narrow stairway.  The
apartment had a balcony and as we were at ground level considering how
to get the piece upstairs my wife said: "It might be a little difficult
from here but we could throw up a rope."  We all considered this for a
second before breaking out laughing at the thought of trying to throw a
rope up to the balcony instead of simply lowering it down.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt