[OM] Re: Focus screens for DSlr's

Subject: [OM] Re: Focus screens for DSlr's
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 06:06:33 -0500
I have two extra screens for my 5D.  One facilitates manual focus but
has a drawback of being about a stop darker than the standard screen.
The other is a gridded screen.  I'd like a split image screen for manual
focus as well but Canyon doesn't make one for the 5D and so far I
haven't been willing to spend the $100+ for a custom made one.

The ability to change screens ala OM was a sizeable factor in my
choosing the 5D.  It was also hard to ignore the Nikon ability to
display a grid with the touch of a button like my A1.  But it didn't
have any feature to facilitate manual focus nor would it accept the
lenses I had that needed the manual focusing.

Chuck Norcutt