[OM] Re: WTB Dioptric Correction Lens

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB Dioptric Correction Lens
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:10:55 EST

In a message dated 11/16/2006 6:41:16 A.M. Central Standard Time,
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I'd like  to buy a +2 (number engraved on the eyecup 1 lens). (I'm 95%
> certain  that's what I need based on R. Lee Hawkins' FAQ.)

Watch eBay, spell it both dioptric and diopter when doing your  searches.  If
memory serves me, there is a .5 inherent to the camera, so  the lens adds to
that amount.  I could be wrong about the additive affect,  however I'm pretty
certain about the existence of the .5.  eBay  # 140053281850 has an eyecup 2
with a +2 correction.  This eyecup will  allow you to open the film back with
the eyecup attached.  I have about the  same correction you do and either wear
my glasses or depend on the split image  for focusing.  Bill Barber