[OM] Re: [Photo] Eyes

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] Eyes
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:51:22 -0800 (PST)
Bill Pearce wrote:
> Were you never young?

Exactly!  And besides, how dare we older coots attempt to apply
our own warped sense of personal appearance on others?
Personally, I'm going the other direction--growing my hair out
and getting a piercing.  It's probably a midlife crisis kind of
thing.  Cheeper than a fine European sports sedan.  Oh wait, I
got one of those too.  :(

My wife and I go out of our way to compliment well-done
"personal artwork".  Bad piercings are beyond ugly and have a
sense of DIY nonesense, but when done correctly is actually
pretty neat.

Back in the '80s I hung around with a group of Punk Rockers. It
was very fascinating because not a single one of my friends
drank or did drugs of any form.  Meanwhile some of my
goody-twoshoes friends were getting arrested for DUI and drug
possession.  What really was most fascinating was that half of
the P.R. group were self-employed and a couple owned rather
substantial businesses.  The only thing that differentiated them
was the "uniform" and what they did for entertainment.

Are we Olympus toting photographers any different?  Our
"uniform" is a bunch of camera equipment and we hang out here on
this forum.

AG

http://new.mail.yahoo.com