[OM] Re: FL-50 battery life

Subject: [OM] Re: FL-50 battery life
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:24:59 -0500
Eh?  Second battery?  Singular?  What are you talking about... the BN-01
high voltage pack?  That uses NiMH batteries.  Short shelf life after
recharge due to high self-discharge rate of 2-3% per day.

  Use this Quantum compatible SP Systems power pack instead along with a
Quantum C05 cable to fit the HV connector on the FL-50.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=294330&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>
You're not likely to need another battery but if you do this has a user
changeable Pansonic VHS camcorder type lead acid 12 volt battery
available for about $20.  Long shelf life after charging with no
appreciable self discharge.  Can by changed by you in 30 seconds.

Chuck Norcutt