[OM] Re: Microtek question

Subject: [OM] Re: Microtek question
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 18:52:09 -0600
I seem to remember being instructed somewhere about a proper order to
starting this or that or the other thing.  The Quick Start manual
suggests that one load the media BEFORE starting up the program
(PolaColor, Vuescan, Silverfast, whatever).  I'm pretty sure I've
experienced what John is experiencing by first starting up the program
and then loading the medium.  It seems to want this sequence:

1. Turn on the scanner and allow to boot up until the yellow light
stops blinking
2. Load the media (slide or negative strip carrier)
3. Start software
4. Use "eject" feature in software to change media (IMPORTANT)

Sounds fussy, but I love that scanner.  Now if just shot film anymore ...

Joel W.