[OM] Re: Election Day

Subject: [OM] Re: Election Day
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 18:07:22 -0500
You're right that this is a US Navy/Marines insignia.  I can't identify
the aircraft but, according to this US naval history page, that form of
underwing insignia was in use from 1917 until May 1942.  The other
things that can be seen is fabric wing covering and what looks to be
lots of dihedral.  The dihedral made me think of a Corsair but I think
all Corsairs were black.

Chuck Norcutt