[OM] Re: 600mm zuiko on E1

Subject: [OM] Re: 600mm zuiko on E1
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 14:01:46 -0800
Others probably know more about it but I thought the softness might be
due to the highly compressed jpg.  The blown highlights are puzzling.
I would think the lighting at the beach wouldn't change very fast. The
digital preview should have let him set up, then shoot reliably for a
long time.

Assuming the higher resolution pictures he has are of much better
quality, I have to give him credit for being able to catch a moving
subject. I've seldom been able to catch a moving bird even with twice
the FOV (half the effective focal length). I found it interesting that
he seems to have been using the lens with film but after converting to
the E1 he decided to change.

For sure the soccer pictures list members have posted are an order of
magnitude higher quality than the posted surfing images.

-jeff