[OM] Re: How to clean a OM-1

Subject: [OM] Re: How to clean a OM-1
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 15:33:53 +0000
For lenses, filters and mirror I use a Sable hair paint brush. The outer
camera body can be cleaned using a weak washing up liquid solution - by
which I mean a quality brand washing up liquid but well diluted. You can
wash filters in said solution - but I try to avoid that as afr as possible.
For internal components I'd check the prices for a service by a qualified
camera repairer. My Minolta 9000 would have cost £120 for a complete service
- but that included replacement parts, new light seals, etc. - but my
brother in law bought the camera before I confirmed the deal - (in my view
it needed a full service because of some fogging in the internal viewfinder.
The camera iitself works fine (including the AF) and it takes excellent
pictures. So far, my brother-in-law hasn't had it serviced - but the cost of
the service is more than the camera is worth - given it's age.
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters