[OM] Re: Cokin filter system

Subject: [OM] Re: Cokin filter system
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 18:34:15 -0800
I have the P series but haven't used it very much. I picked up a set
of chinese made lens adapters (smartredbutton) that seem to be as good
as the cokin labeled ones I have. There are quite a few people
building things for the P series. I've got a compendium hood that fits
it.

The actual Cokin P series filter holder uses friction to hold the
filters in place. I've found they sometimes let things slide too
easily. Some day I may get around to making my own copy of the holder.

The filter holder can hold multiple filters. The foremost part could
be cut off allowing only one filter to be used at a time but it could
solve a vignetting problem. Cokin may even make a single filter
version.

-jeff