[OM] Re: Cokin filter system

Subject: [OM] Re: Cokin filter system
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 07:29:05 -0800
Unless things have changed in the last few years, the Cokin graduated
filters are not really neutral even though they are called gray and
they are plastic that is easily scratched. I would get a true neutral
density filter made out of glass in the 3x3 size made to fit the
Cokin holder. I have no experience with the HiTech resin filters.
They may be more truly neutral than the Cokin, but they will scratch
in the same way. The Singh-Ray filters are high quality, neutral and
glass, but more expensive. Tiffen also makes glass filters.The third
party filters are sized to fit the Cokin P filter holder. You need
the P size so you can slide the graduate ND filter up and down to
match your horizon without uncovering part of the image.

Go to bhphoto.com. It provides a lot of information.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA