[OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.

Subject: [OM] Re: Decision to switch systems.
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 14:19:54 -0500
C@non calls it "eye-controlled autofocus".  It was not implemented in
any of their dSLRs.  Initially available in the A2e, it is used in the
Elan ?e series.  Sorry, don't know the equivalent model numbers for
outside the U.S. but the 'e/E' at the end of a model name indicates
the camera has that feature.  For each model that has the capability
there is an equivalent model that does not.

I had an Elan IIe and after experimenting with the feature for a while
gave up because it slowed focusing too much for my uses.

Clever engineering though.

FWIW/ScottGee1