[OM] Re: A not so favorable report on PC Inspector Smart Recovery

Subject: [OM] Re: A not so favorable report on PC Inspector Smart Recovery
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 19:15:10 -0500
Hi,
Here is one utility I have seen advertised.  No warranties expressed or
implied---never have tried it. It says it can find raw files.  We'll see.   As
an aside, I have used Spinrite by Gibson Research. (My Dad had used it for
years even in DOS days) It saved my butt a few times.  If the data is on the HD
or FD and just not readable by the OS, it can often rescue it.  It saved data
on my study coordinator's FD (why she didn't use the flash drive I gave her, I
don't know) that had a bad sector AND corrupted FAT.  Other utilities I have
did squat--they said the disk was not formatted.

Mike

 http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/
AOL Mail and more.