[OM] Re: Tamron 24mm f2.5

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 24mm f2.5
From: "Bao C. Ha" <bao@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:05:19 -0800
Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I think part of the problem is the EI of the Fuji Neopan 100 SS
is actually 160, not 100. I'll shoot another roll setting at ISO
160 to see if the problem goes away or not.

Regards.
Bao

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 01:47:18PM -0800, Moose wrote:
> Wayne Harridge wrote:
> > You probably need to check that it is stopping down fast enough - could be
> > a sluggish diaphragm.
> > (just had a Nikkor repaired with this problem !)
> >
> Nope, the Tamron adaptall design is like Zuikos, the diaphragm is held
> open by the spring and pushed closed by the aperture actuation lever. So
> slow/sticky diaphragm blades leave the aperture closed or opening too
> slowly and lead to underexposure.
>
> Nikon is the opposite, using the spring to close the blades and the
> lever to open them when the lens is attached, then allow the spring to
> close them for exposure, so a sticky diaphragm will tend to overexpose.
>
> Moose

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Best Regards.
Bao C. Ha
Hacom OpenBrick Distributor USA http://www.hacom.net
voice: (714) 530-8817 fax: (714) 530-8818
8D66 6672 7A9B 6879 85CD 42E0 9F6C 7908 ED95 6B38