[OM] Re: [OT] CS for Mac question

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] CS for Mac question
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 11:23:11 -0000
I know this has been mentioned in the past, but Adobe certainly used to
allow you switch platforms.  A friend of mine made the switch from PC to
Mac, maybe a year ago.  Adobe sent him the disc for CS on the Mac.  I
think he had to sign something to say that he would destroy the old PC
version (which, with him being a software developer and very hot on this
sort of thing, I have absolutely no doubt that he did).

I can't remember for sure, but there may have been a small (and I mean
negligible) cost for this service.  Or it may have been because he had
an Upgrade version for the PC and needed full version for Mac, can't
remember.

All this is based on UK experience.  YMMV, of course.  Just thought you
should investigate this course of action before selling this version and
buying another.  Of course, if it were me I'd want to be 100% sure that
the version I bought off eBay was 100% legit before I even picked up the
phone to Adobe - that could open a whole new can of worms ... !

Regards,

Jon