[OM] Re: E-400 and older lenses?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-400 and older lenses?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 09:00:20 -0800
Probably the biggest difference between the two lens kit and the 14-54
single lens kit is the trade off from a wider short end vs. zoom
capability at the tele end. Of course the macro will get closer but
the 14-54 does get pretty close.

The unmentioned kit would be the 11-22 plus 14-54. You would loose the
brighter, shallower DOF, aperture at the tele end. The 14-54 is 135g
heavier than the 50/2.  Some people prefer shooting street scenes with
a fixed focal length (probably speed of operation) others want to
frame carefully with the lens rather than their feet.

For most people, I don't think either option is a clear winner over
the other. It's just a matter of picking the one that matches what you
like to do.

-jeff