[OM] Re: A scary thought for Halloween

Subject: [OM] Re: A scary thought for Halloween
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:18:12 -0500
Mark Dapoz wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>
>> It's also used to lower their ebay fees since fees aren't charged on the
>> shipping.
>
> It also means that if eBay/PayPal have to pay out on a claim, they only
> pay the purchase price, shipping is not covered.  You'll lose out on the
> inflated shipping charges.

I recently purchased a counterfeit SanD*sk CF card from an eB*y seller
and after SanD*sk verified that it was a fake, I notified the seller and
he wrote that I could return it for a refund minus shipping charges and
a 20% restocking fee.  I filed a bank dispute with my credit card, an
eB*y dispute, a PayP*l dispute, notified the Attorney General's Office
for the state of New York and the police precinct where the seller lived
and the Internet Crime Complaint Center.  I got a full refund plus
shipping charges and the seller is no longer selling SanD*sk merchandise
on eB*y.  Whether or not you get refunded for shipping charges seems to
depend on the degree of fraud.

Richard L