[OM] Re: My first really big fight with the E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: My first really big fight with the E-1
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:44:03 -0800 (PST)
> It's simply easier to hand my camera straight to a pawn
> shop and then throw myself down a set of stairs. That way
> I can be "mugged" on my own time. ;-)

I'm thinking of starting up a new business:  RENT-A-THUG

Reminds me of the time I was photographing after dark in
downtown Amsterdam along the canals.  No not along THAT canal...
Anyway, there were several guys of questionable intent shadowing
me on the other side of the street.  Not being sure whether I
was going to be leaving town that night with my gear I pocketed
the just-shot film and then went right across the street towards
the guys.  Old trick, look them straight in the eyes as you
approach and look slightly insane.  A bit of a Charlie Manson
look in your eyes will generally part the waters.  Anyway, it
worked. I walked right through them and kept going.  I did get a
bump-and-brush (attempt to get my wallet) but had already
planned for that.  Never let them see you sweat.

AG

Get your email and see which of your friends are online - Right on the New
Yahoo.com
(http://www.yahoo.com/preview)