[OM] Re: A scary thought for Halloween

Subject: [OM] Re: A scary thought for Halloween
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:45:38 -0500
Maybe not so much.  The idiot would be the buyer.

I've noticed this tactic being used by a number of eekbay merchants.
We might scoff, but all they need is one buyer/idiot willing to pay
the inflated price and the seller makes out.  What amuses me is that a
price blip like that often encourages other dealers to jack up their
prices as they troll for folks with more cash than sense.  Oddly
enough, eekbay is pervasive enough to drive the market so if there's
enough demand it becomes a trend and suddenly the price ceiling is set
at a new high.

Not that any of that is likely with this particular item . . . .

I've already vented to this list about inflated shipping and handling prices.

ScottGee1