[OM] Re: ( OT ) ebay using malware?

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OT ) ebay using malware?
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:15:32 +1300
Hi all,

To answer questions, nobody else uses my machine. The only other
computer-literate person here most of the time is my daughter who has her
own machine running Windows ME (should be called MS, for all the trouble it
causes), and she has no interest whatsoever in firing up this device.

My helpful ISP people said they know of no method another ISP could use to
disconnect my modem; but that malware could do it.  I do know that some
code, probably pesky javascript (which usually causes problems), does
cause my favoured browser to crash. That's life.

Brian