[OM] Re: E-400 Caution

Subject: [OM] Re: E-400 Caution
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 01:04:17 -0800
I'm not really interested in replacing my big telephotos. A 24-105
would be an ideal zoom range for me. Maybe someday I would consider an
EOS mount 300mm but I haven't even looked at any descriptions of them
yet.

You've probably seen the importance of using a hood with the DO
lenses. They can give some pretty surprising flare.

You're thinking of Joel in the Porcupines. I sometimes move slow
enough that my companion sits down and reads a book. I've also
convinced a few anxious home owner/sellers that they don't have the
time to watch me take pictures  ;-)

-jeff

On 10/28/06, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I"m not up on N kit these days. C makes a big white L 28-300/3.5-5.6 IS
> USM. Only costs $2,200 and only weighs 3.7 lbs (1670g). Maybe that's the
> kind of thing you were thinking about?  :-)  If I ever go C IS, I'll
> leave the shorter fls to other lenses and get the 70-300 DO, lighter,
> smaller and half the price.

snip