[OM] E-400 and older lenses?

Subject: [OM] E-400 and older lenses?
From: "Sandy Harris" <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:52:47 +0800
I mostly do travel photography, so size & weight is important.
My last rig was a Pentax MX, and I was happy with only an
85 1.8, a 28 mm and a teleconverter. Most shots were with
the 85; the 28 was only used occasionally, teleconverter
almost never.

So now I'm thinking E-400 and a few lenses. Some questions
come up.

Mainly, I'm thinking of using a Zuiko designed for OM series
as a short tele. 50 1.4? 50 1.2? 55 1.2? Anyone care to
comment on the relative merits of these? Or their suitability
for use on e-400?

Or, since using old Zuikos requires an adapter, should I get
a Canon or Nikon or ... adapter instead? What would be the
best lens for this use?

How good is the 11-22 zoom? That strikes me as the obvious
choice for wide angle, given that no-one seems to make what
I'd really want, a fast wide prime. 14-54 perhaps?

--
Sandy Harris
Quanzhou, Fujian, China