[OM] Re: OM-4: Black tape behind mirror???

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4: Black tape behind mirror???
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 08:02:04 -0500
Stefan,

Thanks for the extra details on where the tape was. I am glad to see you are
getting meter readings that make sense with the tape gone. To answer your
question of why the tape was there is difficult if not impossible to do.
That said I would guess that it was either a clumsy repair attempt or a bit
of hopeful modification work to change the meters response in some way. The
former seem more likely so you may want to check if the reflector is
attached to its frame securely (or mention this incident when you send it to
John or Clint). If you are planning on keeping the camera long term a CLA is
definitely worth the investment even on the most recent bodies. It really
does make a difference on an plain OM-4 to have things tuned up.

Dan S.