[OM] E-400 Caution

Subject: [OM] E-400 Caution
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:55:27 -0700
I know the E-400 looks to be very nice, but I would wait for a really
good review. The sensor sites on the 8MP 4/3 sensors and on the D2X
are about the same as is the noise. The pixel pitch of the E-400 is
4.9 microns, the smallest by a significant bit of any DSLR. It is
likely to be fairly noisy at even moderately high ISO unless Olympus
has discovered something no one knows. Jumping out and buying one on
a spec sheet may set you up for disappointment.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA