[OM] Attention owners of teleconverters 1. 4X-A – your help needed

Subject: [OM] Attention owners of teleconverters 1. 4X-A – your help needed
From: Olaf Iwert <oiwert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:08:16 +0200
Cc: oiwert@xxxxxxx
Dear Zuikoholics,

This is the second Iwert on the list again after a long absence.
This time I need the advice of the owners of teleconverters 1.4X-A :

I recently bought a beautiful unit of this kind. Although it is in
lovely condition, the following strikes me :

1.) At the optical corrector tube where I would normally expect the
typical Zuiko black coating is a shrinking sleeve in black colour mounted.
Comparing with photographs on the malysian website this looks to be the
same.
Does your converter also have this item ?

2.) Furthermore there is a little bit of a groove visible about half way
around the optical corrector tube within the shrinking sleeve.
Does your converter also have this ?

3.) Furthermore the engraving on the outside does not mention the 180 mm
Zuikos for which the converter is suitable according to the Olympus esif
pages,
Does your converter also have this and have you made use of it with the
180mm ?

4.) The two levers for the feedthrough of aperture setting and aperture
release have different friction. In my case the one for aperture preset
reacts like
on the macro autotube and is very soft, whereas the one for aperture
release is fairly stiff. However the aperture release works without
problems so far.
Turning the teleconverter I can also hear the ball bearing like on the
auto makrotube.
But I guess this is not a problem ?

Many, many thanks in advance
Olaf Iwert