[OM] Re: OT (somewhat) digital N-thingy has arrived!

Subject: [OM] Re: OT (somewhat) digital N-thingy has arrived!
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 08:56:35 -0700
Congratulations.

If I could suggest something is a manual written by a native writer
of English. The Nikon manual is not horrible, but it is confusing
sometimes and tends to leave out stuff like the flash system, saving
for when you buy a flash. I have bought two manual from Thom Hogan
and they are very thorough and clear including operation of the
flash, which Nikon flash units are compatible. He even threw in some
nice things like some actions for Photoshop and discussed some
alternatives for raw conversion. And you save reading all those
warnings the Nikon lawyers insert into the official manual. It is a
PDF on CD with permission to print plainly displayed so that, if you
want,

http://www.bythom.com/d70guide.htm

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA