[OM] Re: C35AD4 Body

Subject: [OM] Re: C35AD4 Body
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 23:56:23 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 21 Oct 2006, Don Holbrook wrote:

> I have the above microscope body and need a parts/repair diagram for it.
> The mount adapter has become locked to the body and will not release.
> The only options I see are either dismantling the body so I can get to
> the rear of the mount flange, or getting out the hacksaw.  I would
> prefer plan A but would like to have a better idea of what's there.
> TIA for any leads.

I have one here my web site:
     http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/PDFs/C-35AD-4.pdf

The body is rather simple, just a stock OM-4 chassis with a custom front
casting that contains the mount and blind.  If your adapter is stuck on
the body then I would suspect the locking pin in the PM-D35A is somehow
stuck.  Try taking the PM-D35A adapter apart from the front and see if
you can get the pin to loosen up.  Taking the C-35AD-4 apart probably won't
help.
                                        -mark