[OM] Re: pictures from london with japanese flavour and 3 GBs

Subject: [OM] Re: pictures from london with japanese flavour and 3 GBs
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:20:39 +0100
Hi guys, thanx for all the comments and sorry for the delay to reply..

Bill, the country shots are from a 24/2.8 and yes, no green filter there.. i
think it was a yellow one.

Russ, the musical shots are made with a 135/2.8 and few in the end with a
55/1.2 (thanks Tom! :)

Unfortunately I had with me a 100 Superia, (when last minute decided that I
better use colour than b&w!..) so you can see some unecessary blurriness
there, but overall I like the results too. Also, the OM-4's spotmeter was
actually.. spot on... And I feel the 135mm is really luvely (I rarely use
telephotos by the way).. The 55/1.2 gave me as usual more saturated colours,
in this case though add the fact that I missed the focus quite often (apart
the last shot where that was intentional) The focus grip is quite loose and
my eyes too...

>> http://www.christosgallery.fotopic.net/p35222748.html
>> Maybe it's just me, but I see a guy pissing while piloting.
>> It's also interesting to see a narrowboat peeing. :-)
>> I think guy's stance on the tiller makes the joke jump out...

HAHAAHA!... thanks Russ / Moose / Tom for that comment, (and anyone who
thought of it but didn't say it!) This is funny.. I actually felt a very
relaxing feeling coming out of this scene, just from the start and I was
wondering what this might be :))

And you know.. this reminds me a much older shot of mine.. which although
comes from the past and those dark Can-non days, I thought it deserves to be
shown here:
So I uploaded it next:
http://www.christosgallery.fotopic.net/p35296784.html

Oh.. and thanks for the post-processing.. It's always flattering and
enjoyable to get Moosed!.. You are very right, I need to work on those
shots.. All of them at the moment are basically what came through the
scanner. I like your version too. (By the way Moose, I saw a thumbs-up
sunset of yours in another email here.. excellent shot)

Christos