[OM] Re: [OT] Storm wreaks havoc

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Storm wreaks havoc
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:51:16 +0000
Dynamite's cheap. And do you have natural gas? It has to go underground, I
think.

We've lived here for just over 30 years. The longest we've ever been without
electricity was for about 12 hours, back about 1981 or so. The phone and cable
TV are an entirely different matter, though. There was the time I dug up and
chopped up about 10 feet of the TV cable with my Troy-Bilt Horse tiller while
"re-doing" the front yard. The cable company replaced the cable, and when they
buried it, they cut the phone cable. The phone company replaced their cable,
and when they buried it, they cut the TV cable. Yes, believe it or not, before
I could stop them, since I was at work that day, the cable folks came back,
hooked up a new cable, buried it, and cut the phone cable.

I solved the problem by having them both hook up new cables and leave them on
top of the ground, threatening them with gunfire if anybody came to bury them.
I myself laborously buried them together with a mattock, shovel, and the
Troy-Bilt Horse. The phone and cable folks just couldn't seem to communicate
with each other, but I communicated with both of them, loudly and with much
profanity.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from