[OM] Re: [OT] Storm wreaks havoc

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Storm wreaks havoc
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:28:21 -0700 (PDT)
> A lot of us dumb crackers down here have underground
> utilities. We larn't that from the occasional ice storm way
> back when.

It's purty expensive to bury the utilities underground when you
have to blast through rock to do it.  We've got a spot here in
corn-country where we can't bury our lines because it is beyond
cost-prohibitive.  It's a hoot because almost every thunderstorm
results in all sorts of oddities becuase of poor grounding too.

...Then there is this one location on the other side of the
state where the underground utilities float to the surface over
a few years.  This one farmer plows the edge of his field after
harvest and manages to cut the fiber draining almost all
telephone service for 1/2 a state.  Last year he singlehandidly
destroyed almost 3000' of fiber.

Yes, the new fiber was buried in exactly the same place.  Don't
get me started on morons with backhoes.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com