[OM] Olympus Dedicated TTL Multi Synchro Flash Adapter?

Subject: [OM] Olympus Dedicated TTL Multi Synchro Flash Adapter?
From: Jón Ragnarsson <jonr@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 02:37:56 +0000
Browsing through Amazon.com photographic stuff, I stumbled upon this
little gadget:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009XVBV/ref=pd_rvi_gw_1/102-4604723-8042552?ie=UTF8

A Olympus Dedicated TTL Multi Synchro Flash Adapter.
I assume it was used with the old F-280 flashes or something similar. It
looks like it could control more than one flash (What else would 'multi'
stand for?). I have never seen anything about it, yet I claim myself
quite a OM-fan.
Can anybody give me more information?

So this begs the question: When will Olympus bring out a similar gadget
for the digital flashes?