[OM] Changing winder / motordrive and light leakage

Subject: [OM] Changing winder / motordrive and light leakage
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:31:52 -0700

In a manual for the winder I pulled off the web, it cautions about removing a
winder (and I would assume a motor drive) while film is loaded in the camera.
It advises that if you need to (battery change in the camera comes to mind) that
you do so in a dimly lit area.

So for the experts out there (John / Clint) is this a real issue?  For us older
types, pulling the winder off in a dimly lit area is not that big of an issue,
putting batteries in the camera after removing that winder in a dimly lit area
is a problem, well it is for me.

Does the model of camera make a difference in this issue?  I know that the motor
drive cover for my OM4 is larger than the OM1 which if logic is still in order
would indicate that the hole in the camera is larger.  It also means that the
winder cover can't be stored in the battery compartment of the winder so you
have it with you to solve the issue handily.

Jay

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets