[OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #4

Subject: [OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #4
From: "Michael Wong" <mialop.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 22:19:15 +0800
Hi, John,
The chain ferry is replaced by a new bridge. I stood on the new bridge
to take this photo. I'm sorry that I didn't take the photo of the
bridge :(

Yes, there is many new construction & some old wooden houses are rebuilt.

Waiting your photos to watch 70's Tai O. My first time to visit Tai O
is about 1994, never saw 70's Tai O.

--
Michael

John Hudson wrote:

My wife and I visited Tai O on the south west corner of Lantau Island
numerous times in the early 1970s. Michael's photo defintely shows some new
construction since "our time".

I will be interested to know whether the chain ferry still operates for the
few yards of the harbour crossing or whether there is now a bridge or other
crossing.

I am tempted to pull out some of my Kodachrome 25 slides, scan a few and see
if Michael recognizes the place!

John Hudson
Nova Scotia