[OM] Re: 2G SanDisk Ultra II $60

Subject: [OM] Re: 2G SanDisk Ultra II $60
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:58:58 -0400
When it comes to CF cards, specs are about as useful as tits on a boar.
  They are composed of lies, more lies and damned lies.  I'll stick with
SanDisk Ultra II for my 5D since they're a good match for the speed of
the camera.  One or the other will determine the limit.  The spec on the
Calumet cards declares 110x (ie; 110x the 150 KB read speed of a
standard CD) which is the equivalent of 16.5 MB/sec.  I'm afraid I don't
believe it.  I'd stick with the Ultra II which is still $10 cheaper in
2GB size.  Believe the speed claims only when you read it here:
<http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007>

Chuck Norcutt