[OM] E-500

Subject: [OM] E-500
From: "John Gettis" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:41:37 -0700
When I got my E-500 for my birthday this year I could have gotten the Canon
Rebel.
 I pretty much knew what was going on I suspected it when my sister started
asking me what camera I was thinking about buying but what cinched it was
when my brother also asked me the same day.  I chose to get the E-500.
Why?  Because when I handled the camera it felt right.  I liked the size
and how it fit in my hand.  Are there other cameras out there with better
performance probably yes?  Is it noisier than some of the cameras yes?
When I bought my first Om-1 there were better cameras in some ways.  But
the Om-1 just seems to fit me and I liked the size.
I feel the same way about the E-500.  I like the fact that I can carry the
camera and 2 lenses and be covered from 28mm-400mm.   I don't think you can
do that with any other system and have the lenses speed the Olympus lenses
have.  Now I could be wrong on that but don't think so Just my 2 cents
worth

John Gettis