[OM] Multi-spot experiences? [Was: Multi spot metering]

Subject: [OM] Multi-spot experiences? [Was: Multi spot metering]
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:31:47 +0100
How do you people use your multi- or single-spot metering?
Is there anyone who would like to share his/her experience, philosophy and
technique?

Personally, I'm still not sure how much area the spot-metering of my OM-4 is
actually  measuring!..though it seems pretty small and accurate :)

Nevertheless, I use spot-metering quite often.  For example,  I may
spot-meter  the brightest area of the last light of an evening sky and
expose on these values or overexpose upon those values to bring out the
contrast between that light and the dark spreading in the rest of the scene.
In fact, I might take several readings all around the critical area and
sometimes I measure dark/medium/light tonalities.

Christos