[OM] dust on lenses

Subject: [OM] dust on lenses
From: Tim Randles <tim.randles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:33:05 -0700 (PDT)
I'm pooched...I have dust inside my lenses and on my viewfinder, I have tried
everything.. any suggestions..can I fix this myself or do I have to take it in
to get cleaned? How do I prevent this from happening again.. I use this thing
in the field all day long..

 FYI: my trip in Baffin island..
  If this thing isnt a full blown mine in 3 years. I'll be very surprised...
68% iron in the ground.. nothing grows here..just red and black rocks..they say
35 years of mining..I've been asked to come back in March to re-open the camp
and build the new camp for the mine..$$$ dictates..

 I'm flying home friday night.. this has been a long and difficult shift, the
camp is like an international airport with flights going in and out day and
night, 3 helicopters flying drill core down and supplies up to the drillers on
the mountain all day long, hercules flying in fuel all night long, and the
skyvan shuttling bodies at 5-6 trips a day back and forth to Pond Inlet.

 Sleep in tents, outhouse for toilet, 3 showers and a full camp of 85 bodies,
at least the food is good and plentiful.. imagine watermelon in Baffin Island,
and I got to eat some seal, Caribou, Narwhal and polar bear.. I liked the seal
best.. it gives you a rush of warmth, and the vitamin content was fantastic.. I
didnt catch any Char, didnt have time to go fishing..
 There is an inch of snow on the ground now, it is overcast and about -2C, last
year this time it was -25C, so I am glad to be going home now.. I'll see enough
of the cold temps this winter before Egypt.

Cheers.. Tim Randles