[OM] "(...) the fastest macro lenses for 35mm full-frame photography tod

Subject: [OM] "(...) the fastest macro lenses for 35mm full-frame photography today (...)" (RANT)
From: "Fabio Fiorellato" <flowerside@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 13:17:55 +0200
The two new macro (pardon: "maKro") lenses introduced by Zeiss in Nik*n F
mount are (according to the press release, see:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0610/06100103zeissnikonfmount.asp#press2)

"the fastest macro lenses for 35mm full-frame photography today - whether
for film or digital capture".

Well, to be honest, Zeiss press agents should have put it this way: they're
*among* the fastest macro lenses for 35mm full-frame photography today.

They were put in production just a mere 20 years after Olympus introduced
the 50mm f/2 and 90mm f/2 macro (they too focus to half life size only).

I've to admit I'm damn curious about their optical schemas, just to see how
much do them resemble our beloved Zuiks ones.

Just a rant.

Ciao!

Fabio