[OM] Re: Whither Khen?

Subject: [OM] Re: Whither Khen?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 22:25:13 -0400
The E-1 was on the shelves of my local pro camera shops soon after
announcement and I quickly went in for a hands-on evaluation.  But I
didn't bite on the spot.  I was leery of a sensor smaller than the
competition's.

I also listened intently to the 4/3's mantra but wasn't convinced.  The
proof of the pudding about telecentricity would have been clearly
evident in a super wide lens.  But the fact that Oly failed to release a
super-wide prime on opening day made me a strong skeptic if not a
disbeliever.  How could they have missed the oppoertunity to prove the
point to the world?  Easiest explanation?  They couldn't prove it at all.

After perhaps six months of watching and waiting to see what other
developments might ensue I went back in for another look.  By that time
the E-1's were gone from the display cases and have never returned.

Chuck Norcutt

   The Sony DSLR