[OM] Multi spot metering

Subject: [OM] Multi spot metering
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hans.van.veluwen@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 13:27:11 +0200
What puzzles me is why Olympus never seemed to recoqnize and repeat the
strength of Maitani's multi spot metering design of the OM-3 and OM-4 in
other cameras. I would have expected it in an iS/L camera but that never
happened. I would like it in an E-system body but will that ever happen?
Somehow I doubt it.

Hands up everybody who thinks ESP matrix metering works better than
multi spot metering. Faster, yes, but better? No.

As a side note, I would be interested to hear how and when Maitani
developed his ideas for the multi spot meter. Did Ansel Adams' zone
system had anything to do with it?

Khen, in which year did you join Olympus? Were you there when Maitani
designed the OM-3 and OM-4 (which I guess would be from 1980-1982)?

Hans