[OM] Re: Manual focusing of the e500?

Subject: [OM] Re: Manual focusing of the e500?
From: "Candace Lemarr" <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:59:20 -0600
Hi, Kem :-)
    I'm not going to  be much help...but it doesn't seem there are many of
us here using the E-300. :-) I've not found any way to do what you're
requesting. You all have much more experience than me, but it would seem to
me that it should not retain those same values when switching between modes.
Otherwise...what would be the point? Aperture mode is all about maintaining
the aperture you want regardless of shutter speed or exposure. As Shutter
priority mode's only real purpose is to maintain your desired shutter speed
regardless of aperture or exposure. In my experience here, each mode (unless
your E-300 is naughty like mine...very very naughty) should retain the
previous settings in that mode, but will not take those same settings into
the next mode you put the camera in. I don't know if that made sense.
So...if you have the shutter speed set to 1/500 in shutter priority, then
switch to another mode, then back again to shutter priority, the shutter
speed should still be the same as it was when last you set it in that mode,
1/500. But it most likely will not be the same as it was in say Aperture
mode, which tends to use a slower shutter speed in general.

Ack...hope I helped!?!
Candace