[OM] Re: Whither Khen?

Subject: [OM] Re: Whither Khen?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:08:21 -0400
Here's another option for you.  Use your E-1 as a light meter and image
previewer and then shoot the real scene (once) on a 6x7 or 6x9 camera
and scan the images on an Epson V700 or V750 or Canon 9950F flat bed.
The V700 is $520 at B&H.  The 9950F is only $350.  Is 50MP OK?
Actually, you could scan at only 2400 dpi and hold it down to 35MP for a
6x7.

I'd ask Moose though about which one to pick.  The V700 might be better
for 35mm while the cheaper 9950F might be perfectly good for larger
format stuff.  Faster dust removal too, I think.

Chuck Norcutt