[OM] Re: Whither Khen?

Subject: [OM] Re: Whither Khen?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:27:15 -0500
> Who do you think Sony is going to eat? Not Canon or Nikon.

I have, for all intents and purposes, given up on Olympus. I've also given
up on digital except for limited uses, just as AG has. I've been with
Olympus since about 1974, and I've never had an urge to change. Until now.

As I've said before, one of the cameras I'm watching is Sony.  I consider
the current offering a bit of frankenstein, a bit of Minolta and a bit of
Sony. I'm waiting to see what the first all-Sony camera is, and how the
Zeiss lenses turn out. That was one of the good things about the Contax G2
outfit I had for about 18 months. The lenses are superb.

It will take a lot for Olympus to bail themselves out of this situation. I
anticipate they will bail themselves out just as they did with autofocus.

Bill Pearce