[OM] Re: The end of the world as we know it--part 400.

Subject: [OM] Re: The end of the world as we know it--part 400.
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:11:01 -0700
The problem with gray market 3d party warranties is the cooperation
of the manufacturer. There are essential parts that Nikon will not
supply to independent repair shops. Neither will they repair, in
warranty or not,  a gray market camera at cost.  I understand you can
get something repaired that you bought while traveling(receipt with
no shipping charges?), but you may end up with an expensive
paperweight if anything happens to your gray market camera bought here.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA