[OM] Re: The end of the world as we know it--part 400.

Subject: [OM] Re: The end of the world as we know it--part 400.
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 22:10:22 -0700
Yum.

I'm in the same boat as you all. Well, on the same ocean anyway. I'm not a
pro, and don't depend on cameras to make my living, so it's not as critical
an issue for me. But if I was a pro and I had bought into the E-system
earlier I'd be pissed. I got pretty excited when the E-400 was announced.
Now I'm seriously considering other brands.

I'm starting to think of these "third party digital backs" as so many rolls
of film that will be used up. At about $32/roll for PortraNC by the time I
buy it, develop it, scan it at development, etc a Xti body is about 25 rolls
of film--say five or six months' worth of my normal shooting...a 5D is more
like 100...maybe two years' worth. There'd be a higher cost of archiving due
to larger files, but I'm viewing and printing everything digitally now
anyway.

Sorry, kinda talking to myself here....

That Summilux looks pretty nice.....

OK...back to work....