[OM] Re: Opinions? 28-90 F2.8-3.5 VIVITAR SER 1 MACRO?

Subject: [OM] Re: Opinions? 28-90 F2.8-3.5 VIVITAR SER 1 MACRO?
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:24:45 -0400
Ah yes, I recall seeing these pix during discussions of Vuescan.  Nice detail!

I agreee that close focus on the long end is preferable.  For a while,
Tokina and some others created a 'macro' mode by designing part of the
lens barrel as a tube.  Press the button and turn and the tube
extends.  IME, it led to less than happy results and was awkward.  The
AT-x 35~200 used it.  A fine lens at 6' and greater.  Closer?  Never
mind . . .

Thanks!/ScottGee1