[OM] Re: Opinions? 28-90 F2.8-3.5 VIVITAR SER 1 MACRO?

Subject: [OM] Re: Opinions? 28-90 F2.8-3.5 VIVITAR SER 1 MACRO?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 21:35:39 -0700
ScottGee1 wrote:
> I can buy one of these for an attractive price, but can't recall much
> about its optical quality.  It's a pretty big honker for sure.  Of
> course it has an OM mount!
>
> The other candidate is the Tamron SP 28-80 F3.5-4.2 CF MACRO which has
> the advantage of being a two-touch and NOT varifocal.

The Viv has a good rep, but I've never used one. I have the Tamron and
love it's compact design and the true macro capability (1:2.5). Having
the closest focus at the long end is a big advantage over zooms that
have the highest magnification at the wide end.

Although not labeled as to lens, as they were done for another purpose,
these were taken with the Tamron
<http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Scan/VuesProf/>.

Moose