[OM] Re: OT: Profound need of notebook update

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Profound need of notebook update
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 20:20:00 -0400
What a beast!

I would be tempted to consider getting a lower spec laptop for travel use
and limit your budget for that to $1000-$1200. Then you could get a local PC
builder to build you a picture chewing machine with the other $2000. This of
course assumes you have the $3500 to spend that the base of the Dell model
runs to. Personally I suspect that this particular model Dell is more about
its aesthetic than about use by raw power users.

HTH, Dan S.